In this episode I interview Kathy Divine, author, publisher and book mentor in Sydney, Australia.
Kathy is the author of five vegan books: Forever 21, Vegans are Cool, Plant-Powered Women, Plant-Powered Men, and Everyday Vegans, and founder of the magazine Australian Vegans Journal.
The concept of ethical vegan leadership as the solution to world peace inspires and drives her work, and she uses publishing as a way to broadcast this vision into the world.
Kathy offers one-on-one coaching to first-time authors and is currently developing an online course that will show aspiring authors how they can successfully publish their books.
Kathy’s publishing focus is on promoting vegans who exhibit great leadership, and her coaching focuses on those who have leadership aspirations and potential.
One of her #1 Amazon best-selling books Plant-Powered Women forms the basis for the upcoming global conference series she is presenting. Launching in March 2018 in Sydney, the Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference Series will be a series of one-day events where vegan women will speak on various topics of expertise with the aim being to inspire the audience to become ethical vegan leaders in their communities.
In this interview Kathy discusses:
• The mistakes many first-time authors make and what to do instead
• How she defines vanity publishing and how to avoid it
• The differences between self-publishing and traditional publishing and how to decide which route to take
• The benefits of publishing with Amazon’s Createspace platform
• What you need to do on Amazon to maximize your book’s opportunity to succeed
• How to raise funds to publish your book
• The challenges involved in producing a print magazine, especially if you have no previous experience, and how she dealt with them
• How she made her crowdfunding campaign for the magazine a success
• And much more
Visit Kathy Divine’s website for first-time author coaching
Check out the Australian Vegans Journal
Enjoy Kathy’s interview-based blog Vegans Are Cool
Find out more about the Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference Series
Check out Kathy Divine’s books on Amazon
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: