In this episode I interview Kevin Newell, owner of Humane Wildlife Solutions, a humane, non-lethal and ethical alternative to ‘pest’ control in Scotland in the UK. The business uses methods to repel and deter so-called ‘pests’ rather than the current methods offered by traditional pest control services of trapping and killing.
Kevin and his team are currently researching a plant-based, non-lethal, non-toxic wasp nest repellent that encourages wasps to take their young and go elsewhere.
They’ve also discovered what may be world’s first plant-based pesticide that is likely to be cheaper, as well as good for people, animals and planet and are currently seeking funds to continue this research and testing.
In this interview Kevin discusses:
• The importance of solving a problem, servicing a demand in the market and finding a niche that is craving your product or service
• The ‘downside’ to creating a unique and revolutionary product or service – and how to overcome this
• How passion and belief in the face of scepticism from family and friends led to the business increasing sales by over 300 per cent, opening additional branches in the UK and gaining its first international contracts
• The importance of testimonials and word-of-mouth referrals
• How partnering with non-profit organizations can help your business
• And much more
Visit the Humane Wildlife Solutions website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Rock Salt Creamery
Plant Power Fast Food
Kat Von D Beauty
My Online PR Course for Vegan Business Owners & Entrepreneurs: Vegans in the Limelight
My book Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media, multi-author blog for aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, designed to equip them with the information, tools, inspiration and resources they need to start and grow their enterprises. It is hosted by award-winning journalist Katrina Fox.