In this episode, I interview Julieanna Hever aka The Plant Based Dietitian in Los Angeles.
Julieanna has been in private practice in Los Angeles since 2005, specializing in weight management, disease prevention and management, and sports nutrition.
She’s the host of the wellness talk show series What Would Julieanna Do? on Z Living Network and nutrition columnist for VegNews magazine.
As well as being published in prominent journals, she features regularly in the media, with appearances including The Dr. Oz Show and E! News.
Julieanna is the author of The Vegiterranean Diet and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition. She co-authored The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking and is a recipe contributor to both New York Time Best-Selling Forks Over Knives books.
She received her Bachelors degree from UCLA and Masters of Science in Nutrition at California State University, Northridge, where she also completed her Dietetic Internship.
She has taught as part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program, worked as a clinical dietitian at Century City Doctors Hospital, and has consulted for numerous organizations.
In this interview she discusses:
• The importance of working with the right clients, not just anyone
• Why she stopped being afraid to use the word ‘vegan’
• How having a book helps clients and opportunities to come to you instead of you chasing them
• How loving what you do is essential for coping with rejection and criticism
• How keeping your integrity and not selling out leads to the right opportunities and sustains your business in the long term
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup: