In this episode I interview Wanda Malhotra from Surya Brasil, a natural beauty company in Brazil.
Wanda, who founded the business with her mother Clelia Angelon in 1995, moved to New York from Brazil in 2012 to help grow Surya Brasil’s business in the US, Canada and major markets around the world.
The company’s products, which include henna cream and powder and skincare solutions are now sold in 40 countries.
Wanda and Clelia are dedicated to sustainability and creating the healthiest, natural, organic and vegan products possible.
They’ve been immersed in the world of ayurvedic and organic living their entire lives. Ingredients used in their products are sustainably harvested from the Amazon rainforest and natural botanicals from around the world.
Wanda and Clelia are determined to build a brand that not only creates natural, healthy products but one that gives back to society and the environment.
To this end, they created Surya Solidarity, the brand’s social division that focuses on animal protection, environmental preservation, educational transformation and human rights.
In this interview Wanda talks about:
• The one thing natural beauty products must get right and focus on (which most don’t)
• How community partnerships help brand loyalty
• The importance of certifications to gain customers’ trust
• A key strategy to offer retailers to get them to love your brand
• What to take into account if you’re considering exporting your products internationally
• How to make your staff feel special and love working for you
• And much more
Visit the Surya Brasil website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup: