In this episode I interview Kristin Lajeunesse, freelance marketing consultant, owner of Kale Media and founder of Will Travel for Vegan Food.
After graduating from Emerson College with a Master’s Degree in Integrated Marketing Communication, Kristin landed a dream 9-5 office job with an animal rights non-profit organization in Boston.
In 2011 she felt herself drawn to an entrepreneurism and launched various businesses including Vegan Weddings (which she recently sold) and Kale Media, while still working full time.
One day she got the idea to quit her job, sell her stuff and move into a van to travel across the US and eat at every vegan restaurant. This passion project, which lasted two years, led to a book and website Will Travel for Vegan Food. During this time, Kristin amassed a large social media following, including more than 100,000 followers on Facebook alone.
Since then she’s traveled across the globe, earning income from freelance marketing, lifestyle design coaching and consulting, as well as her online program on how to launch a book on a zero budget.
A true digital nomad, Kristin helps passion-driven individuals gain clarity around their goals and business ideas.
In this interview she talks about:
• How a passion project can turn into a career and initiate additional business offerings
• The challenges of working and running a business while traveling
• The first three things you need to do when landing in a new place to ensure you can get your work done
• Why she advocates not paying to promote Facebook posts unless it’s something of major importance
• The downsides of mass following others on social media to gain followers
• How to get a sponsor for your book or other project
• And much more
Visit the Kristin Lajeunesse website
Check out the Will Travel for Vegan Food website, including details about the book
Find out about Kristin’s online program How to Launch & Promote Your First Book on a $0 Budget
Brands mentioned in vegan business news: