In this episode I interview Clare Mann, a vegan psychologist and communications trainer from Communicate31 in Sydney, Australia.
Clare consults with a range of clients all over the world to enhance their communication mastery. She runs public and in-house training programs for corporations, large SMEs and non-profit organizations in communication, team-building and ethical leadership, and is editor-in-chief of the digital business magazine Ethical Futures: Conversations that Matter, which champions initiatives that are profitable and successful without abusing people, the environment or animals.
The author of several best-selling books, including Communicate: How to Say What Needs to be Said, When it Needs to be Said, in the Way it Needs to be Said, Clare has worked in 15 countries including the Middle East throughout her decades-long career.
Through a range of face-to-face and online skills training and programs, she also helps other vegans address the personal and social challenges of being vegan and living in a non-vegan world, as well as facilitating animal welfare organizations to collaborate for increased effectiveness.
Clare is the co-founder of the Vegan Voices Smartphone App, a free 30-day video training with tools and techniques to respond to typical communication challenges faced by vegans as well as resources to support the information they share.
She is a co-contributor to the Sydney Vegan Club 30-Day Vegan Challenge, the books Plant Powered Women and Everyday Vegans and a regular contributor to numerous vegan magazines.
In this interview Clare talks about:
• How to handle difficult conversations when you’re approached by non-vegan potential clients, particularly in the corporate and business sector
• Creative strategies to use your book/s to generate leads and sales
• How and when to incorporate vegan values, including the type of language to use, to corporate and business audiences without alienating them
• What true ‘collaboration’ really means (it’s not what most people think)
• The importance of developing a friendly and positive relationship to money
• The first thing to do if you’re not getting the results you want in your business
• How best to communicate information about your products or services
• And much more
Visit the Communicate31 website
Visit the Vegan Psychologist website
Download the free Vegan Voices smartphone app
Subscribe for free to Ethical Futures digital magazine
Check out books by Clare Mann
Find out more about the Sydney Vegan Club 30-Day Challenge
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media, multi-author blog for aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, designed to equip them with the information, tools, inspiration and resources they need to start and grow their enterprises. It is hosted by award-winning journalist Katrina Fox.