In this episode I interview insurance expert Steven Griswold in Los Angeles.
Steven is President of Griswold & Griswold Insurance Agency, a second-generation, family-run firm that has been around since 1948.
With over 16 years of experience, Steven provides innovative solutions and fresh perspectives on risk management to small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of fields including startup, technology, healthcare, and non-profit.
The company is the only insurance agency in Southern California – and one of only a handful in the world – that is certified as a B-Corporation.
In 2016 Steven launched Vegan & Animal Professionals Insurance Agency (VAPI), an idea that had been gestating since he first became an ethical vegan in 2012.
VAPI provides a diverse range of insurance broking services to vegan-run businesses in the US and international companies that sell products or services in the US, as well as for professionals working in the animal advocacy and non-profit sectors.
In this interview Steven discusses:
• The key types of insurance most vegan business owners require and when to get them in place
• The newest type of liability insurance coverage essential for the majority of business owners today
• Why you need insurance – even if you don’t make mistakes
• The advantages of working with an independent insurance broker (and the hidden fees to watch out for that not all of them declare)
• How to choose the right insurance broker
• An important type of insurance a startup with investors needs
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup: