In this episode I interview Brenda Morris, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ from Humane Investing in Virginia.
Armed with just a notion of ‘helping people’, Brenda changed her major five times over the course of four years, ending up with a double major in English and Psychology from the College of William and Mary.
Despite no intentions of entering the finance industry, Brenda began her career in banking, helping clients with both lending and investment needs.
After spending over a decade in the financial industry she left the corporate world in 2008 and became an investment advisor representative through First Affirmative Financial Network, a group of investment professionals committed to sustainable, responsible, impact investing.
This relationship allows Brenda to provide people with expert financial advice on how to achieve their dreams and live the life they want while investing ethically in regards to people, animals and planet.
In 2009 she founded her business Humane Investing.
In this interview Brenda discusses:
• Why financial planning is important – at any age – especially for vegan business owners
• The difference between a certified financial planner and a financial adviser
• What a financial planner does
• How financial planning allowed her to go five years without making money while building her business
• How she is influencing the financial industry towards ethical and vegan investing
• And much more
Disclaimer: Humane Investing, LLC is not a registered entity and is not a subsidiary or affiliate of First Affirmative. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Mention of specific securities is not a recommendation to buy or sell said security.
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup: