In this episode I interview Robbie Lockie from Plant Based News, a content platform and creative agency in London, UK.
Robbie was born in Zimbabwe, Africa, where he started his career in digital design in 1999. He then came to London a year later to further his career in design, media and communications.
He’s worked with several large brands including BMW UK, Mercedes Benz, Microsoft, The Royal Navy, Jamie Oliver and Getty Images.
In 2016 he co-produced a short documentary, SWINE for UK Animal charity Viva! and has been involved in a number of online campaigns, including Move your Money, a charity helping to raise awareness about ethical banking.
Robbie co-founded Plant Based News (PBN) with Klaus Mitchell in 2017 to act as a global platform for change. Operating for two years previously as a YouTube channel, the brand has experienced fast growth, currently reaching three to five million people a week via the website and its social media channels.
PBN Creative is the agency arm that helps ethical brands with a range of digital services including web design, branding and promotional videos. This included managing the website infrastructure rebuild and relaunch for Veganuary.
In this interview Robbie discusses:
• The three questions you need to ask yourself before creating a piece of content for your vegan business
• What to do if you put your content out on social media it doesn’t get engagement
• How to grab a viewer’s attention with a video in the first three seconds
• The pros and cons of a video marketing strategy PBN uses that involves rebranding and sharing other people’s content
• How a new cross-posting feature on Facebook can benefit brands who agree to collaborate
• PBN’s point of difference and how it managed to enter and stand out in a crowded marketplace
• What to take into account when paying online platforms to produce branded content
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: