In this episode I interview two fabulous vegan powerhouses, both of whom have previously appeared on the show as individual guests: Victoria Moran from Main Street Vegan Academy in New York and vegan lifestyle coach JL Fields in Colorado.
The reason I’ve got them back on the show and together is because they’ve co-authored a new book and being experienced authors, I knew they’d have a ton of advice on writing, co-authoring and publishing books.
Victoria is a vegan of over three decades and made her reputation in the self-help genre with books including the international bestseller, Creating a Charmed Life. A twice-featured guest on Oprah, Victoria’s vegan titles include The Love-Powered Diet, The Good Karma Diet, and Main Street Vegan, which received endorsements from Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Clinton. A renowned and popular international speaker, she trains vegan lifestyle coaches, educators and entrepreneurs via her in-person Main Street Vegan Academy and hosts the Main Street Vegan podcast on Unity Radio.
JL is the founder and culinary director of the Colorado Springs Vegan Cooking Academy. She is a Master Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator, personal chef, career coach, and a corporate consultant offering wellness training, brand representation, and strategic planning services. Her books include Vegan Pressure Cooking and The Vegan Air Fryer. JL produces and hosts the weekly radio program Easy Vegan, blogs at JLGoesVegan.com and writes the monthly vegan dining review for the Colorado Springs Gazette.
The pair have co-authored The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook: Over 100 Plant-Sourced Recipes Plus Practical Tips for the Healthiest, Most Compassionate You, which also includes tips and recipes from 60 graduates of the academy.
In this interview Victoria and JL talk about:
• How they navigated the writing process, considering they live in different cities
• Why they chose an independent publisher and tips on how to pitch a book
• The benefits of being an author to their respective businesses
• The marketing and promotional strategies they use to sell their books
• Their honest experiences of working with previous publishers
• How Victoria got endorsements from Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Clinton, plus tips on how to secure high-profile people to praise your book or write a foreword
• How JL dealt with unscrupulous people copying her work and publishing it as their own on Amazon
• And much more
Visit Main Street Vegan Academy
Check out books by Victoria Moran on Amazon
Check out books by JL Fields on Amazon
Find out more about The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook
Listen to Victoria Moran’s podcast interview in episode 15 of Vegan Business Talk
Listen to JL Fields’ podcast interview in episode 11 of Vegan Business Talk
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: