In this episode I interview Lindsay Rubin, director of operations for v-dog, a vegan dog food company in San Francisco.
Always obsessed with animals, Lindsay ran her own dog sitting business in high school, and became a vegetarian at college. After learning about the dairy and egg industries, she went vegan and became an animal rights activist.
In 2013, she met Dave Middlesworth, the late founder of v-dog, who started the company in 2005 with his wife Linda, and starting working with the company as the first full-time employee. She currently leads the company’s strategy for growth.
In this interview Lindsay discusses:
• The challenges the company faced with packing, warehousing and distribution companies when it started out and how it resolved these
• How partnerships have been instrumental in the growth of the brand
• How and why the company is expanding internationally under the v-planet brand name
• How the company decides when and what type of new product to bring out
• The advantages of competitions and giveaways and how v-dog makes the most of these to gain more brand awareness
• The benefits of having a live chat system on the company website, the tool it uses for this, and how the team manages enquiries
• And much more
Visit the v-dog website
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: