In this episode I’m sharing a recording of a panel discussion I hosted last year at the 2018 Adelaide Vegan Festival in Australia, called the Future of Plant Based Business.
My guests on the panel were Seth Tibbott, founder of iconic American vegan meat brand Tofurky which is sold internationally, and Cale Drouin, a plant-based consultant in Brisbane, Australia who works with food retailers and distributors.
Among the topics we discussed are:
• What’s driving the take-up of vegan/plant-based living
• What plant-based products are currently ‘hot’ right now
• What to be aware of when dealing with large supermarket chains
• Strategies for getting your products into retailers
• How will ‘clean’ meat compete against plant-based meat?
• Pushback from animal agriculture industries in banning terms like ‘meat’ and ‘milk’ on products unless they come from animals
• What’s happening in non-food-related vegan business sectors and the opportunities this provides
• And more
You can also watch a video of this discussion here:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media, multi-author blog for aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, designed to equip them with the information, tools, inspiration and resources they need to start and grow their enterprises. It is hosted by award-winning journalist Katrina Fox.