In this episode I interview John Oberg, a vegan social media marketing expert and influencer in Washington, DC.
John is dedicated to making the world a kinder place for animals by utilizing the power of social media.
He’s the former Director of New Media for the international animal protection organization, The Humane League. And prior to that, he served as Director of Communications for Vegan Outreach.
In both these roles, John oversaw social media for the organizations which led to a tenfold increase in following for both of them, as well as over 1 billion impressions of content posted to these pages.
John recently launched his own independent project for animals through Patreon and has provided social media consulting services to non-profit organizations including Veganuary and Million Dollar Vegan. And he now offers these services to vegan businesses and brands.
In this episode, John discusses:
• What vegan brands and businesses can do right now to organically increase followers and engagement – without spending a fortune on paid ads
• Why scheduling tools are important and his recommendation for which one to use
• When and how often you need to post on social media
• How to use hashtags – the right way
• How to work with influencers to ensure you get the best results for your vegan brand
• Why you need to use ‘live’ video and what types of content to share live versus pre-recorded
• What type of content works best on your Instagram and Facebook feeds, and what works best for ‘stories’ on these platforms
• And much more
Brands mentioned in vegan business news highlights
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media, multi-author blog for aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, designed to equip them with the information, tools, inspiration and resources they need to start and grow their enterprises. It is hosted by award-winning journalist Katrina Fox.