In this episode I interview Alicia Robb, a vegan investor in Colorado in the US.
With a strong background in economics, Alicia created Next Wave Impact to increase diversity, inclusion, and impact in early-stage investing. The company’s global fund has 99 female investors, 25 of them women of color, which is led by an experienced investment committee of 10 women.
As well as investing in vegan-led companies, Alicia also recently founded Vegan Investors, an angel investor group focused on helping vegan companies scale to have massive impact.
In this interview Alicia talks about:
• Why there so few female angel investors – and what she’s doing to change this
• Why supporting vegan companies that are led by women, people of color, and other diverse backgrounds is important and how she’s making this happen
• What she looks for in a business before deciding whether to invest
• How a vegan business owner can stand out when pitching her
• The types of vegan businesses she invests in and why
• The key mistakes entrepreneurs make, particularly when it comes to finances/capital raising, and what you should do instead
• Details of the virtual online pitch meetings she runs
• And much more
You can also watch a video of this interview here:
Visit the Next Wave Impact website
Visit the Vegan Investors website
Read my article about Vegan Investors’ virtual online pitch events
Brands mentioned in Vegan Business News highlights:
KD New York
Cynthia King Vegan Ballet Slippers
Article: Should you use ‘vegan’ in your marketing and branding or is ‘plant-based’ better?
My Online PR Course for Vegan Business Owners & Entrepreneurs: Vegans in the Limelight
My book Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media, multi-author blog for aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, designed to equip them with the information, tools, inspiration and resources they need to start and grow their enterprises. It is hosted by award-winning journalist Katrina Fox.