In this episode I interview Jane Velez-Mitchell of JaneUnchained animal advocacy and vegan media outlet.
Jane is a renowned Emmy-award-winning TV journalist and New York Times bestselling author.
Her decades-long career as a reporter for mainstream TV includes a six-year stint hosting her own show on CNN Headline News, where she ran a weekly segment on animal issues.
Since 2014, Jane has headed up her own media site JaneUnchained.com.
In February this year Jane launched New Day New Chef, a plant-based cooking show onto Amazon Prime.
In this interview Jane discusses:
• How she got New Day New Chef accepted onto Amazon Prime
• What’s involved in the production of the show
• How she managed to continue producing the show during the Covid-19 lockdown with the use of 6 robotic cameras in a contactless sound stage
• How she funded the show’s production
• Why it’s important to get your work out on other platforms before pitching to TV networks
• And more
Visit the JaneUnchained website
Visit the New Day New Chef website
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Katrina Fox is an award-winning vegan journalist, publisher, speaker, PR consultant and media trainer who teaches vegan business owners, entrepreneurs and change makers how to get free publicity by sharing their stories. Katrina was a regular contributor to Forbes for a year, writing about vegan and plant-based business. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Vegan Business Media, the host of Vegan Business Talk podcast, and the author of Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business. Katrina is also the creator of Vegans in the Limelight: Online PR course for Vegan Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. For more information and to hire Katrina, email her at katrina [at] veganbusinessmedia [dotcom]