In this episode I interview Toni Okamoto, the founder of Plant-Based on a Budget, the popular website and meal plan that shows you how to save dough by eating veggies.
California-based Toni is also the author of Plant-Based on a Budget and The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook, as well as the co-host of the Plant-Powered People Podcast.
Her work has been featured in the popular documentary What the Health, and she’s a regular presence on local and national morning shows across the US, where she teaches viewers how to break their meat habit without breaking their budget.
Toni’s latest book, co-authored with her business partner Michelle Cehn, is The Friendly Vegan Cookbook: 100 Essential Recipes to Share with Vegans and Omnivores Alike.
In this interview Toni discusses:
• How the vegan food blog space has evolved over the past decade
• What to do if you want to start a food blog
• The best ways to get traffic to a food blog at the moment
• How to monetize a food blog
• How she’s able to support herself as a content creator full time and her tips for those interested in this career path
• Strategies for both brands and influencers on how to work together successfully
• Her experience of publishing her books including how this can enhance your business
• And more
Visit the Plant Based on a Budget website
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Katrina Fox is an award-winning vegan journalist, publisher, speaker, PR consultant and media trainer who teaches vegan business owners, entrepreneurs and change makers how to get free publicity by sharing their stories. Katrina was a regular contributor to Forbes for a year, writing about vegan and plant-based business. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Vegan Business Media, the host of Vegan Business Talk podcast, and the author of Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business. Katrina is also the creator of Vegans in the Limelight: Online PR course for Vegan Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. For more information and to hire Katrina, email her at katrina [at] veganbusinessmedia [dotcom]