In this episode I interview Che Green, co-founder of Moonshot Collaborative, a new consumer research firm offering affordable solutions for vegan and plant-based brands.
Based in Washington State, Che is a 25-year market research veteran focused on sustainable and ethical consumerism, including plant-based foods.
He has led research efforts for groups ranging from Fortune 50 companies to international nonprofits.
Che co-founded Faunalytics more than 20 years ago, which provides data for animal activists to enable them to be more effective.
His work has involved understanding consumers’ behavioral motivations and decision-making, and applying these insights to help companies expand their customer base and increase sales.
His deep consumer research experience includes a range of quantitative (surveys, experiments), qualitative (focus groups, interviews), and mixed-method research.
In 2021, along with investor and plant-based industry veteran David Benzaquen, Che co-founded Moonshot Collaborative, a research company that provides consumer insights into the vegan and plant-based sector, to help food innovators and disruptive brands grow.
In this interview Che discusses:
• Key consumer research trends that you need to know about if you have or plan to have a business in the vegan and plant-based sector
• What kind of data should brands be looking to get and how this differs depending on what stage the company is at
• What kind of sample size you need to get good results
• The costs of consumer research and how Moonshot Collaborative is able to provide more affordable options
• Concrete examples of how investing in consumer research benefited two plant-based brands
• His predictions regarding the growth in uptake of vegan and plant-based products
• And more
Visit the Moonshot Collaborative website
Visit the Faunalytics website
Services: Work with me
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at:
Katrina Fox is an award-winning vegan journalist, publisher, speaker, PR consultant and media trainer who teaches vegan business owners, entrepreneurs and change makers how to get free publicity by sharing their stories. Katrina was a regular contributor to Forbes for a year, writing about vegan and plant-based business. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Vegan Business Media, the host of Vegan Business Talk podcast, and the author of Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business. Katrina is also the creator of Vegans in the Limelight: Online PR course for Vegan Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. For more information and to hire Katrina, email her at katrina [at] veganbusinessmedia [dotcom]