In this episode I interview Bailey Ruskus (aka Chef Bai).
Classically trained at Le Cordon Bleu in San Francisco, Bailey has been in business for herself for 10 years, but three years ago made the switch to become a completely vegan business.
Host of the Plant Remedy podcast, she’s been a long-time warrior of endometriosis and has discovered her own tools to heal her body through food and health.
Now based in San Diego, she cooks for top executives, professional athletes, and others, hosts virtual cooking classes in her online membership and hosts corporate wellness programs around the globe.
Her first book Cook. Heal. Go Vegan! has just been launched.
In this interview Bailey discusses:
• The moment she decided to turn her business vegan while gutting a fish as she remembered a talk by a well-known animal activist
• How she handled losing clients and dealing with a lot of online hate after announcing she was transitioning her business to be vegan
• The impact of endometriosis and chronic pain on her life and business
• How the Covid situation initially decimated her business (and marriage plans), until a pivot turned it around and landed her a book deal
• Knowing her worth and negotiating a higher advance with her publisher
• And more
Visit Bailey’s Chef Bai website
Check out Bailey’s podcast Plant Remedy
Find out more about Bailey’s book Cook. Heal. Go Vegan!
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: