Interested in becoming an occasional or regular contributor to the site? Awesome! Check out the contributor guidelines below.
Vegan Business Media is a multi-media blog providing vegan business owners and entrepreneurs with success tips, inspiration, tools and resources to start and grow their enterprises.
Our categories are:
• Set-Up & Systems (business structures, backend stuff)
• Marketing & PR
• Spotlight On (interview/profile with a vegan business owner/entrepreneur)
Guest blogging requirements:
• High-quality, ‘no fluff’, ORIGINAL content (Google now penalises sites for duplication)
• Offers advice and solutions for vegan business owners & entrepreneurs to help them succeed
• Interviews/profiles should include challenges and how they were overcome or strategies planned to overcome them, as well as celebrating successes
• Correctly attribute any references to data, research or third-party content and include URL links in your copy wherever possible
• No self-promotion in the article itself (this goes in your bio)
• Ensure the piece is as error-free as possible, including spelling and typos
• Minimum of 500 words (and generally no more than 1,000 words)
• Email your article as a Word document. Please do NOT use any formatting ie bold or italics or underline. Please do NOT use tabs. Use a simple font like Times or Arial and in black and single line spacing.
• Include a suggested headline and introduction in line with our style and tone
• Include your bio (maximum 100 words)
• Include your website URL in your bio (no more than 2 links)
• Include a photo of you as an attachment
• If you have any images to accompany your piece, you must have the rights to use them and state this at the bottom of your article
• Images to be no smaller than 600dpi wide (or include source link)
• If you include images that you have the right to use, label them clearly and state the name of the image and description, credit if required at the bottom of your article
Our audience is aspiring and existing owners of vegan-run businesses, predominantly in the US, UK, Australia and Canada. Some are start-ups, while others have been running successful businesses for many years. They are a mix of solopreneurs and enterprises with staff.
They are passionate about providing ethical products and services that do not involve the exploitation of animals or people and have minimal impact on the environment.
They are looking for targeted, accessible advice, inspiration and resources to help them succeed in starting and growing their businesses.
You retain the copyright to your work; however we recommend that you don’t republish it elsewhere (because, as mentioned earlier, Google penalises duplicate content), but instead share the Vegan Business Media post across social media and if you have your own blog, refer to the post with a link back to the Vegan Business Media website.
Publication of your content
The Vegan Business Media team reserves the right to reject any articles that do not meet our standard of publication.
We also reserve the right to edit your piece so that it fits in line with our style (any major edits will usually be run past you).
Upon acceptance of your content, you will receive a Contributor’s Agreement which you need to sign and email back.
Email your IDEA or PITCH only (not full article) outlining your main focus or angle to Katrina Fox at Katrina [at] vegan businessmedia [dotcom]